The Palmerston North Community Leisure Centre is administered by the Palmerston North Community Leisure Centre Management Group Inc which is a charitable trust with representation from the Manawatu Rose Society, Palmerston North Horticulture Society, Manawatu Orchid Society, Palmerston North Bird Club, Palmerston North Floral Art Club,
Manawatu Porcelain Artists Association, and Terrace End Probus Club.
The Trust works in partnership with the Palmerston North City Council from whom it leases the building. The Centre is the home of all the above organisations as well as
- Heritage Quilters (Tuesday mornings)
- Hokowhitu Probus Club (First Thursday morning of month)
- Manawatu Cacti and Succulent Club (1pm First Sunday each month)
- Manawatu Cloth Doll Club (First Saturday of month 10-3pm)
- Manawatu Parkinsonsm Society
- Palmerston North Bonsai Club (Second Tuesday of month 7-9pm)
- Palmerston North Life Drawing Society (Every Tuesday evening except School Holidays)
- Rose City Porcelain Doll Club (Third Wednesday evening of month)
- Tai Chi (Friday mornings)
- Tai ji & Qiqong (Wednesday mornings)
- Terrace End Probus Club (Fourth Thursday morning of month)
- University of 3rd Age (First & Third Fridays , 2-4pm)
- Wanganui Rangitikei Antique and Bottle Collectors Club
to name just a few.
In all nearly 100 user groups have rented rooms over the past year. The Leisure Centre offers an Exhibition Hall and a series of meeting rooms available for regular and casual users at extremely competitive rentals during the hours of 8.00am to 10.00pm daily.
With this level of support, we rely on the co-operation of all Users to leave the space clean and tidy with all chairs sytacked facing the walls no more than 5 high and trestle tables stacked in the trollies provided.